How many times have you thought about disposing of small items or liquids down your kitchen or bathroom drains? It might seem like a convenient option when you are cleaning around the house or are in a hurry but did you know of the things that do not belong in the drains? As your local Adelaide plumbers we have seen so many items dumped down the drain that can cause plumbing systems to clog.
To avoid a plumbing catastrophe and save yourself the hassle of dealing with a blocked toilet, follow our list of common items you should never wash down the sinks or drains in your kitchen, bathroom, or laundry – under any circumstances. You may be surprised about some of them! We are hoping that this blog will help the readers on how to avoid serious plumbing problems. Let’s take a closer look at the top things you should never dump down the drain.
1. Cooking oil: Dumping cooking oil down the drain may seem convenient but it’s a big no-no. Make it a point to dispose of cooking oil, sauces, salad dressings, condiments, or cooking grease responsibly and carefully as it does not belong in the drain. If you pour down grease in the drains then the fats and oils will create sludge or solidify either in the drain or in the main sewer causing a major clog.
2. Medication: Cough syrups and any medication like pills, capsules, or medical ointments should never be washed down the drains. These foreign items can clog drains immediately. Discard unused or expired medication responsibly in the garbage.
3. Toilet paper: Toilet paper is meant only for the toilet and if you toss it down the drain in your bathroom or the kitchen it won’t break down as fast as it would in a toilet drainage and will eventually clog your drain.
4. Food Scraps: Any food waste and food scraps should not be washed down the kitchen sink. It is very important to keep your kitchen drain clear and maintained to keep it from developing clogs and blockages. Consider installing food catchers and strainers to minimise food items from entering your drains as they can all stick together with grease and result in nasty-smelling drains and eventually lead to a stubborn blockage.
5. Hair: If you tend to wash down your shower any solid waste and things that do not belong in the drains, you will sooner than later encounter drain blockage. Even if you are following good plumbing habits and trying to keep your bathroom drains clean, the continuous usage of the shower essentials and build-up of soap scum, oils, skin flakes, and hair can also gradually lead to drain blockages. Did you know that fallen hair is the top reason for drain blockage as they are almost non-degradable and accumulate in pipes over a period leading to obstructions and clogs?
Your Sewer And Blocked Drain Adelaide Plumber for 24×7 Assistance
If you have any drain issues in your home, call us at RD Plumbing Solutions. No matter if the problem occurs at 2 am in the morning, on a weekend, or at 10 pm at night, we will ensure you receive prompt, efficient service so you can rest assured knowing your drains are in good hands. We have a fully equipped and experienced team of licensed plumbing experts who can be available to help you with drain issues, whenever you may need us. From small clogs to completely blocked drains and overflowing sewers, we can expertly repair or replace any damaged pipes, sewer, or plumbing lines that need servicing. Our blocked drain plumber Adelaide has the experience and expertise needed to accurately inspect, diagnose, repair, and maintain your home or business’s drains, pipes, and sewer lines quickly and effectively. Call 0422902890 or contact RD Plumbing Solutions online today to get a friendly blocked drain plumber in Adelaide and learn more about our sewer repair services.