Pipe Relining Solutions
Pipe Relining Solutions
Pipe Relining is the process of repairing a damaged section of underground pipe with little to no need for excavation. Compared to traditional dig up repairs pipe relining is considered to be non-invasive, much faster and extremely cost effective.
The pipe relining process involves completely unblocking then thoroughly cleaning the drain with the use of the Hydro Jet high-pressure drain cleaner and drain camera inspection (CCTV). Once the drain has been completely cleaned the CCTV is once again put in the drain to make a thorough assessment of the damaged section, now the drain is ready to be relined.
So Why Pipe Relining?
Cost Savings over traditional excavation methods.
If the damaged section of a drain is under concrete or paved driveway, to excavate and repair the section of the drain can be costly due to the removal and reinstatement of the concrete or driveway. Pipe relining, trenchless technology, allows the driveway to remain intact.
Stops tree root entry to drains and prevents leaks.
The pipe relining system involves the epoxy moulds to be set in place, forming to the shape of the existing drain. The re-lined section is free of seams or joints meaning that the tree roots no longer have an entry point, this pipe repair technique works particularly well with clay or earthenware pipes which are prone to tree root intrusion.
Trenchless pipe relining can be carried out through an inspection opening or access point to the drains and sewers. The custom fit pipelining is pulled into position with the use of the Hydro Jet and CCTV survey meaning the whole process is fast, effective and non-invasive.
Fantastic service from start to finish. When your home is affected by blocked drains, it’s not the nicest of situations but these guys understood from the outset and worked professionally and speedily to fix our issue and kept me informed on everything along the way. Highly recommended for all your plumbing needs.Simone Crawley-Prout
Why We Like It
- It eliminates structural disturbances
- It’s impervious to future tree root re-growth
- It provides increased flow characteristics
- It restores integrity to damaged or cracked pipes, stopping leaks
- It has the ability to reline junction & tee’s in one action, creating a sealed join
- It’s a permanent jointless liner
- It gives minimal disturbances to finished surfaces, surroundings & your garden
- It has significant cost savings over traditional pipework replacement methods
- It improves water quality, eliminates contamination from lead & other metal pipes
- It’s environmentally friendly
- It’s suitable for industrial, commercial, residential & strata applications
- DON’T DIG – Save your driveway, interior flooring, landscaping & money
Benefits To Relining
- Relining drains allows you to save money on reinstatement cost associated with traditional dig up repairs.
- There is little to no disruption of lawns, driveways or garden beds as there is often no digging required at all, maintaining your landscaped areas.
- The relining process permanently prevents tree root entry to the damaged section due to its streamline seamless construction.
- The process is faster, generally, than conventional dig up repairs with most relining services being completed in the day, meaning little to no interruption to the dwelling.
How It Works
- A fast, clean solution for fixing blocked drains permanently.
- Pipe relining is the method of repairing existing pipework from within the pipe itself.
- This is done by using the latest, award-winning, Brawoliner pipe relining technology to insert a strong internal liner inside the existing pipe.
- Pipe relining eliminates the need for costly excavations to expose and replace this damaged pipework.
Step 1: Identify the cause
First we use our CCTV Drain Inspection equipment to identify the cause of the blockage. In our example here you can see the cause is tree roots, which is very common.
Step 2: Clear the blockage
Once we know where the blockage is, we then use our Hydrojet to clear the drain with a high-pressure jet and cleaning tools.
Step 3: Insert Custom Liner and Bladder
We manufacture a custom liner and bladder which is then inserted into the drain to seal and cover the damaged area.
Step 4: Inflate the bladder
Once the custom liner and bladder have been secured within the pipe, the bladder is inflated to the circumference of the existing pipe.
Step 5: Cure the Liner and Remove the Bladder
Once the liner has cured to create the new pipe, the bladder is deflated and removed. This leaves the newly created pipe in place.
Step 5: Inspection
The final CCTV inspection is carried out to confirm that the pipe is ready for use.
Types Of Pipe That Can Be Repaired
- Pipes that are broken, cracked or root infested
- Pipes with sections missing
- Pipes that continually block
No matter if the pipes are vertical, horizontal or concealed, they can all be repaired. Sections of broken pipework can be relined using pipe relining solutions, without having to replace the entire pipeline.
We work on any kind of underground pipes that are damaged or defective, this includes:
- Stormwater Pipes
- Sewer Pipes
DON’T RISK IT – LOOK FOR THE LOGO
We use a Watermarked approved lining system, which meets the requirements of the AS3500 (section 3.1).
A Watermark certification is a mandatory certification for relining products to ensure they are fit for purpose and appropriately authorised for use.
If the product does not comply with Australian Standards (AS3500) and there is an issue with the liner or product and the product fails, the client is not covered.
At RD Plumbing Solutions, we strive to ensure all products are watermarked or certified to provide our client with the best possible product for installation.