The proper disposal of waste is essential to keep your drains and pipes functioning properly. Unfortunately, many common household items that you might think are safe to dispose of down the drain can cause blockages and damage to the environment. In this blog, we’ll discuss more items that you should never dispose of in your drains and pipes. We are hoping that this list will help the readers on how to avoid serious plumbing problems. Let’s take a closer look at the top things you should never dump down the drain.
6. Motor oil and transmission fluids: When it comes to car maintenance, make sure to keep motor oil and transmission fluids out of your drains and pipes. These items can block your pipes and are also flammable, posing a significant risk of harm.
7. Flushable wipes: Although they’re marketed as “flushable,” wet wipes are not actually safe to dispose of in your drains. They contain congealed grease and can cause significant damage to your plumbing and water treatment centres. Always throw these wipes in the garbage can to avoid costly plumbing repairs.
8. Paint: While it’s tempting to wash your paintbrushes and dispose of excess paint in the sink, this can cause harm to the environment. Paint contains chemicals that should be disposed of at hazardous waste facilities, not down the drain.
9. Cleaning products: Cleaning products might come in liquid form, but they contain harmful and toxic chemicals that are harmful to the environment. Disposing of these items in your drain can cause harm to rivers and lakes. Always dispose of these products in their packaging and throw them in the garbage.
10. Sanitary products: Pads and tampons should never be disposed of down the drain. These items expand when dumped in a drain and absorb moisture, causing blockages. Always throw these items in the garbage can to avoid clogging up your plumbing.
11. Dental floss: Dental floss might seem harmless, but it can create a tiny net that holds other debris and dirt. Since it’s not biodegradable, it can wrap around your septic system and clog your pipes. Always dispose of dental floss in the garbage can.
12. Condoms: Condoms are made of latex and will not disappear in water. Always throw condoms in the garbage can to avoid pipe blockage and pollution.
13. Candle wax: Never pour candle wax down the drain, as it will harden and form a solid that can clog your pipes. Avoid costly plumbing repairs by disposing of candle wax in the garbage can.
14. Flour: Flour might feel light like powder, but it can thicken and harden inside your pipes, leading to problems with draining. Always dispose of flour in the garbage can to avoid calling on the help of drain cleaning services.
Your Sewer And Blocked Drain Adelaide Plumber for 24×7 Assistance
If you have any drain issues in your home, call us at RD Plumbing Solutions. No matter if the problem occurs at 2 am in the morning, on a weekend, or at 10 pm at night, we will ensure you receive prompt, efficient service so you can rest assured knowing your drains are in good hands. We have a fully equipped and experienced team of licensed plumbing experts who can be available to help you with drain issues, whenever you may need us. From small clogs to completely blocked drains and overflowing sewers, we can expertly repair or replace any damaged pipes, sewer, or plumbing lines that need servicing. Our blocked drain plumber Adelaide has the experience and expertise needed to accurately inspect, diagnose, repair, and maintain your home or business’s drains, pipes, and sewer lines quickly and effectively. Call 0422902890 or contact RD Plumbing Solutions online today to get a friendly blocked drain plumber in Adelaide and learn more about our sewer repair services.