Drain problems can be a serious nuisance for any homeowner as they slow down daily chores, leave behind unwanted residue, and can cause property damage and all sorts of other problems. It is advisable to not treat any drain issues as just a “simple drain clog” as a clogged drain can go from manageable to a total disaster in no time. If your drain problem doesn’t seem like a serious issue, think twice. Overlooked blocked drains can be a terrible mistake and can turn into a significant problem if not tackled properly. Before things go out of hand make sure to address the issue effectively and without any delay. Before we go any further, let’s look at some common signs of a clogged drain:
- Pools of water around the shower drain
- Overflowing sinks
- Slow draining shower or sink
- Gurgling sounds or bubbling water in the toilet when you run the sink
- Gurgling sounds from drains in the laundry, bathroom, or kitchen
- Pools of water in the bathtub
- Nasty smells emanating from kitchen sink
- Sewage odours in the bathroom
These are some of the most common signs that our Adelaide blocked drain plumbers come across everyday. These tell-tale signs indicate drain problems that can escalate and lead to bigger problems if not addressed appropriately. So, what’s the solution?
How to Clear a Clogged Drain?
Here are simple yet effective drain clearing tips to try before calling a plumber:
- The Good Old Plunger: plumbing tools can be purchased at any hardware store and can help you clear clogs from drains or sinks. Just make sure to buy the right kind and use it the right way to get the best results.
- Homemade Drain Cleaners: we do not recommend using harsh chemicals to clear drain clogs but for common bathroom clogs such as slow-moving drains one method to try to dislodge the clog is to use a homemade drain cleaner. Simply mix baking soda, vinegar and some dish washing liquid and pour it down your drain – top it with hot water. Pour some hot water again after waiting for a few minutes. This cheap drain clog remover works effectively for easy to fix small clogs.
- Roll-up Your Sleeves: another method to try to dislodge the small clogs is to remove the drain pop-up and clear out all the debris and build-up manually.
If any of these methods fail to clear the blockage, the problem may not be as simple as it may seem. Consider calling a professional blocked drain plumber to avoid further damage and save time and money.
Think Preventive Maintenance
This is a tip for homeowners who want to save money and hassle in the long run by preventing costly repairs or pipe replacements. No matter how well you try, years of build-up of hair, rust, fats, sludge, foreign materials, debris etc. along with neglect can leave your pipes damaged. Preventive maintenance cleaning of drains done by professionals can avoid unwanted and frustrating clogs and is the easiest way to keep your plumbing system healthy and clog-free. Contact your trusted plumber to discuss affordable drain clearing plans.
Do You Need An Adelaide Blocked Drain Plumber?
If you are tired of clogged or slow drains and have tried every DIY trick in the book, turn to Adelaide blocked drains experts to provide you with long-lasting results for your drain cleaning project. At RD Plumbing Solutions we have a fully equipped and experienced team of licensed plumbing experts who can be available to help you with drain issues, whenever you may need us. From seemingly small clogs to completely blocked drains, we can expertly repair or replace any damaged pipes, sewer or plumbing lines that need servicing. Our blocked drain plumber Adelaide has the experience and know-how needed to accurately inspect, diagnose, repair, and maintain your home or businesses’ drains, pipes and sewer lines quickly and effectively.
Call 0422 902 890 or contact us online.